Monday 27 May 2013

Nottingham Leisure Centres

Couple of weeks ago I went around Nottingham looking for potential sites. When I located a possible site near to Victoria Leisure I went and asked what sort of facilities they had. The facilities were relatively limited. I decided to research into the facilities that Nottingham currently had to offer.



The Nottingham city council website currently has 10 leisure centres listed on its website. I looked at the location of all of these centres and found that only one of these currently had a NG1 postcode.

The Victoria Centre is the only one with an NG1 postcode but as I earlier mentioned I didn't feel that they had a great amount of facilities to cater for a variaty of sports.

















The facilities provided include:

  • 70 station gym
  • 25m swimming pool
  • sauna and steam room
  • multi-activity studio




















Apart from swimming there isn't really any other space for any sports. I think there is a opportunity to provide facilities in an NG1 postcode, facilities such as a multi-sport hall, squash courts and football pitches. The centre I propose will provide facilities and opportunity to play a number of sports at a variety of levels whether it be just participating in sport or at a professional level.

No comments:

Post a Comment