Sunday 19 May 2013

Potential Site

Having discussed some possible research areas with my tutors I have decided that I will look at how I can bring sporting facilities into a urban environment such as Nottingham city centre.

Today I walked around the city of Nottingham looking for any potential spaces that I could look to build.

































Bath Street is the potential site that I found most interesting. The site is an old market that is now used as storage but there does appear to be a number of units that have been neglected and the area as a result looks run down and in poor condition. This site is located close to the Victoria leisure centre so is in an area that I feel is close enough to the city centre.

Although it would potentially be next to an already existing leisure centre, the Victoria Centres facilities I feel are very limited and don't provide opportunity for a great deal of sport.






















Another interesting bit of land that I came across is the area located near Manvers Street. This piece of land is a brownfield site and is known as "the island". The site is very open and provides plenty of space for the potential development of sporting facilities, my only problem is that I feel that the location isn't close enough to the city centre and doesn't offer much of a challenge in terms of developing sporting facilities in a tight urban area.


No comments:

Post a Comment