Friday 28 December 2012

Urban Ambition- Sports Complex Proposal

I have been looking at what architects have been doing to make stadiums more sustainable. Whilst looking at  this area of sustainability and sporting architecture I came across a winning proposal for a multi-sports complex in France.

The thing that caught my eye with these proposal was that it wasn't just about the sporting complex itself but the area immediately surrounding the complex was equally as important. It became about urban design as well as the design of the building. Urban design is something that I feel is equally as important and will potentially be an area that I will research further.

"New urban ambition for the neighbourhood"

The design for a sports complex in Antony France was designed I feel to be a central hub of the city that why it was not only sports facilities that was wanted. The proposal includes space for gathering, meeting sports activities and events. 


No comments:

Post a Comment