Wednesday 12 December 2012

Recycled Football Pitch/ Temporary Stadium

I play football regularly and train on 3G pitches also know as rubber crumb or artificial pitches. When I was looking at sustainable architecture I came across this little article which I found interesting for two reason. The artificial pitches use rubber like bits hence the name rubber crumb, Vancouver's Empire Field stadium has used recycled tires for there rubber crumb 346000 pounds of it.

Further reading down the page I noticed that the article said that the stadium had the shortest construction time in north american history for a stadium more than 25000 seats. This was due to the fact that the stadium was a temporary stadium while other facilities were renovated.

The idea of have temporary seating or even sporting facilities that can be dismantled and moved is something that I find very intriguing and is something that I will look into.

 

The stadium was built in 111 days "impressive".

No comments:

Post a Comment