Thursday 13 December 2012

Sport Park and Urban Design- Sports Park Stozice

Over the recent weeks I have been developing my research and expanding it into different areas from the one I started with. In the weeks gone I had been looking at sustainable stadium but my focus has now moved more to the urban design involved around sporting stadiums.

I been looking at different complexes around the world and I am coming across more and more projects where its not just a sports stadium but its a complex as a whole, a park.

I came across the Sports Park Stozice in Ljubljana, Slovenia. This project is from 2010 and is exactly the sort of thing that has started to take my interest over recent weeks. The park includes a sports stadium, sports hall, large shopping centre and recreational park landscape. The 187500 m2 park has become the centre of Ljubljana's urban life due to its variety of activities that it has.

  

There is a 16000 seater football stadium that is half submerged under the park with only the roof coming out, a multi-purpose sport hall that can hold 12000 spectators as well as the shopping centre which is the smallest of the three. 



One of the key things that was mentioned in the fact that the shopping centre generate activity around the park even when the stadiums aren't being used. This I feel is something that is important. If it was just the stadium that was developed I believe that there would be a slight sense that it is a waste of money as it would only be used a couple of times a week. But by creating a new complex a buzz is created around the city and not only are new sports facilities provide which I feel very important but other facilities are provided as well as recreational green space.


park level plan


No comments:

Post a Comment